The Gods can be unbelievably kind sometimes.
(ain't they supposed to be always?)
After i thought i had squandered the day, happiness befell me, like magically...Firstly, since i got reminded of it before twilight, i cud at least have dinner outside...and second, my cook surprised me with delicious carrot halva...which he had prepared unsolicited.
During day-time again, though i dint really remember it was December 16th, i had been unwinding at City Centre and Ihad taken my day off too...
XXX
Hope they are just as generous otherwise too!
XXX
Im having hell of a time arranging the bus for Nishat Sir..he's cumin to Mangalore for the depri tour...n i gotta fix accomodation n all...
so today i meet this idiot..
"4 Jan ko station se pick up karna hai aur Laila tak jaana hai?"
"ho sakega?"
"pura bus chahiye."
I ask him only after finding out he follows Hindi, and his agency give buses for hire.
"Haan." He nods blankly.
"Haan?" I happily repeat to myself...believing the deal would be done...and imagining an overwhelmed Nishat Sir patting me for the good work..
"okay to apne malik se baat karao...rate wagera kya loge?" I speed it up. And thats what everydbody else does when things are shaping up.
"Kab jaana hai?" he enquires only more blankly.
"4 ko jaana hai aur 9 ko lautna hai." I obediently answer. He's my key to pleasing Nishat sir..and anyways, id genuinely like to help him out too..
"Haan."
"Sui atak gayi hai kya," I chewed the words and composed myself again, "Haan, to baat karwao.."
"Kidhar jaana hai?"
"Bola to Laila jana hai.." My patience is slowly giving up.
"Haan."
"Haan to apne malik se baat karwao."
"Haan haan kya laga rakha hai." Im all heated up under the collar.
"Kab lautna hai?"
"4 ko station se laila jaana hai...9 ko udhar se mangalore lautna hai!" I say it all again. Louder. Less faster. And with my unblinking eyes fixed upon his.
"Haan."
This time he smiles at me too.
Bloody.
I left the place.
XXX
Friday, December 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment