(December 21, 5:39 pm)
Im thinking of subjects for my short story.
It has to be a simple one.
I believe short stories are more like potraits. You do not really need to ornament things, to make the proatagonist speak..Even a slight contraction of the temples could be powerful communication..
XXX
The other day i was reading about this woman, who had to ampute her breast. It was a simple rendering of her agony. Minus inverted mournings or any elaboration on the travails of surgery.
It was just about the woman pushing herself against the bed..tightly....emphatically...as if that would hide her 'pride' which was undone..the husband was preparing for office silently..
I liked it. I too think and write on similar veins. And similar situations. I hope i can craft it well too....for the Commonwealth event..
XXX
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment