Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

(December 9, 1 pm)

I had been wondering all along how do I not dream her anymore. Or is it that i do, and then forget?

I realise, I forget.

XXX

When I am awakened from my erratic sleep night before yesterday, I recall I had just dreamed about her....she was there...bestowing love...beaming her affection...perhaps caressing me in my sleep....like she would do when we weren't talking to each other...

XXX

like some zephyr of love clasping me fondly...and gently...as if I were a baby....and this indulgence encouraging me to banter....before the day broke and everything else, including the stars and the moon, were undone!

XXX

This time I remembered it, though..
thanks to the troubled sleep which hadn't benumbed my senses.

XXX

Does this happen every night?

XXX

There are at least four occasions that I remember. The first one was few days after September 14th.. And the second one, which was twice more distinct and twice more pleasant, was perhaps a few days later..

The third happened sometime around Durga Puja i guess...she had taken me for a day out this time... And it can't be mere strolling into the past... For, I remember telling her how the waters didn't scare me anymore.... around the Gangetic plains, where we walked along leisurely..."Since I had the bath there....on Ghat Krama," I told her when she asked me since when.

The fourth was on the quiet Diwali night...she greeted me...and blessed me...and took out the gifts she had brought for me..

XXX

Last deepawali I was away from home...At ACJ... She had called me up and suggested I go out with friends...did I have any?

She told me she'd credit a 500 in my account.. Which, of-course, was meagre to the many thousands that were there already...

she had sensed I wasn't all that brimming with excitement....like I would when I was younger...counting the days for that 50 rs...which grandmum gave us on Dushehra.

She thought I had "grown-up"....like my brother and my cousin had grown up...

XXX

And since grown-ups do not have piggy-banks to fill, trifles do not excite them really..

XXX

For me, it does.
It seriously does.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment