(September 13, 5:00pm)
The gold and bronze covering wasn't there then.. over the barren sofa, in front of the prayer chamber, where Shahnaz Aunty lay seated..
With a bowl of sweet ordered from Shubhraj, which muma insisted she had... since Subhraj, and the sweet, both were her favourite..
XXX
Muma had responded well to the dripping all afternoon.. and could squat on the carpet, beside our neighbour, talking merrily.. She even prepared the tea herself, after I provided a kettle of warm water and other things..
13th of September (2010) it was, and I was finally happy to see her recover.. in fact I told Shahnaj Aunty, how I would be arranging the birthday party for her again, which had to be cancelled, following her illness suddenly that day..
XXX
She would have listened attentively, I am sure, and would add to the plans too, but it was time for Namaz.. and she rushed to her flat below..
The very next morning, she rushed again.. this time from her early morning classes at the college to back home.. more frantically and visibly disoriented... as she needed to see mumma one last time, and do her respects..
XXX
The gold and bronze covering wasn't there then.. over the barren sofa, in front of the prayer chamber, where Shahnaz Aunty lay seated..
With a bowl of sweet ordered from Shubhraj, which muma insisted she had... since Subhraj, and the sweet, both were her favourite..
XXX
Muma had responded well to the dripping all afternoon.. and could squat on the carpet, beside our neighbour, talking merrily.. She even prepared the tea herself, after I provided a kettle of warm water and other things..
13th of September (2010) it was, and I was finally happy to see her recover.. in fact I told Shahnaj Aunty, how I would be arranging the birthday party for her again, which had to be cancelled, following her illness suddenly that day..
XXX
She would have listened attentively, I am sure, and would add to the plans too, but it was time for Namaz.. and she rushed to her flat below..
The very next morning, she rushed again.. this time from her early morning classes at the college to back home.. more frantically and visibly disoriented... as she needed to see mumma one last time, and do her respects..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment