Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Friday, March 15, 2013

(Mar 14, 11:58pm)

By the way I went to my lawyer today.. to collect the verdict... I think I told you, we've won.. The verdict was unusually critical of the university..

The advocate told me, in post retirement cases verdicts are mild.. even when victimisation of one party is established..

But this one was in high handed language.. Good for us.. the university never cleared mom's dues in her lifetime..

XXX

But would that have mattered.. Mom, by the time she was 55, which is five years before she retired, was above it..

Her idea of happiness rested in 'peace within' which has seldom to do with money or the comforts it brings..

XXX

Will tell you more about the verdict tomorrow..
Hope the university actually clears our dues..

XXX

It was quite late while I was returning.. past 10... hmm, do not laugh.. It's a small city... shops are long closed  in Patna, by that time..

And transportation is minimal.. The lawyer lives in a far away locality.. In earlier times those places were uninhabited...

But now it has become the nucleus of the town, with the most posh enterprises and residences lining up... The outskirts have shifted by kilometres..

But our house still has its charm... It's in the heart of the town... may be no longer the nucleus, but still inviting..

XXX

It's posh as well as peaceful.. and you also have the river view, which is a luxury...I took an auto from the lawyer's place... It was dark and relatively colder than it is in the daytime..

Before that I stopped at a road side 'golgappa' wala for eating up... He was selling in front of a big, secluded duplex house... surrounded by a garden with wired, but not very long walls.. and lined up with trees..

Long coconut trees, silhouetted in the dark against a pale outline of the house... the lights having been put off.. People sleep early here..

XXX

On the other side of the road was a sprawling building... a residential apartment... again pale in the absence of lights... and silent in slumber..

XXX

The auto dropped me at the Patna Junction.. from where I continued on a cycle rickshaw to home.. He charged me Rs 30... rather reasonably...

When I was back to the heart of the city.. at the Gandhi Maidan roundabout... It was a joyous feel..

This sprawling circular grounds, where all the rallies as well as independence day and republic day festivities are marked, and Ravan dahan done every Dushehra, is surrounded by sky rise buildings, hospitals, colleges, and one school..

XXX

St Xavier's... my school... my one time world.. my temple, my sanctuary... No matter how old you grow, memories of childhood rekindle the child's enthusiasm in you.. at least momentarily..

Besides, those plain ideas and your share of naivety... when perhaps a couple of rupees extracted from parents for a canteen samosa would make you content..

XXX

Going to passport office tomorrow... have applied under the 'tatkal' scheme and need to report early.. which suggests, I better sleep now.. Goodnight!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment