Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

(June 23, 00:49am)

I went to meet Mrs Ghosh, muma's old time principal in college and family friend, this afternoon..

It was a quiet afternoon when clouds suddenly showed up all around like unsought guests... We were seated in one of her parlours in the first floor of the quaint duplex bungalow..

Across the grills at the other end of the wall, there were canopy of trees becokoning in into the chamber, while the rains poured vigorously..

I obliged her request for a vivid account of my professional affairs in the last one year, and she listened to it rather attentively, probably visualizing the high profile MEA events I attended, in the back of her mind..

XXX

I admire her a lot and she is pretty affectionate to me.. She inquired about my father too, though she has been more fond of my mother and does not really have a very high opinion about him..

Her only daughter, married with two teenager kids, had come to spend the long summers with her.. and it was only yesterday she took leave of her as her sons school reopened today..

The 80 something lady said she was feeling rather nostalgic and it was great that I had come to see her.. Among other things, we discussed literature..

And she is very fond of the subject although she had been a professor in History..

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment