(June 20, 11:42pm)
It is that time again when I am packing up after a long stay at my mom's apartment in Patna.. The river-view apartment by the banks of holy Ganges..
Nestled in lush grounds in the heart of the city, from where the balconies offer a view of the city's vast expanse, this is the perfect place to unwind after a day's work or think of or do things that inspire great literature...
In the night, from the windows at the rear end of the house, you can see constellation of stars bending down to kiss the serene waters of the river..
Would you not understand, then, what a melancholy it might bring to even think of locking up this place and go back to the noisy hustle of New Delhi's crowded streets?
XXX
I have signed on as the chief reporter of The Sunday Guardian, which is the print vertical of NewsX.. I would also be looking after the desk team as chief copy editor..
The position is in the bureau and hopefully there would be again a glamorous ministry to look after..
In IANS, I had been looking after the MEA and Congress.. I left it for some time, and in any case, I had already sought a work-from-home arrangement in the past months..
XXX
A lot of people spread the word, that I was out of offer... Poor creatures, they did not know offers had been pouring in every two weeks.. But I was reluctant to take up anything outside the bureau..
It had taken me a good toil to get into the bureau, and no hike in compensation would tempt me to accept a city beat..
Thankfully, I have found a good platform again... And this being a weekly there would be some time to myself, I hope.. May be I would read more.. write more.. may be start the book..
XXX
It is that time again when I am packing up after a long stay at my mom's apartment in Patna.. The river-view apartment by the banks of holy Ganges..
Nestled in lush grounds in the heart of the city, from where the balconies offer a view of the city's vast expanse, this is the perfect place to unwind after a day's work or think of or do things that inspire great literature...
In the night, from the windows at the rear end of the house, you can see constellation of stars bending down to kiss the serene waters of the river..
Would you not understand, then, what a melancholy it might bring to even think of locking up this place and go back to the noisy hustle of New Delhi's crowded streets?
XXX
I have signed on as the chief reporter of The Sunday Guardian, which is the print vertical of NewsX.. I would also be looking after the desk team as chief copy editor..
The position is in the bureau and hopefully there would be again a glamorous ministry to look after..
In IANS, I had been looking after the MEA and Congress.. I left it for some time, and in any case, I had already sought a work-from-home arrangement in the past months..
XXX
A lot of people spread the word, that I was out of offer... Poor creatures, they did not know offers had been pouring in every two weeks.. But I was reluctant to take up anything outside the bureau..
It had taken me a good toil to get into the bureau, and no hike in compensation would tempt me to accept a city beat..
Thankfully, I have found a good platform again... And this being a weekly there would be some time to myself, I hope.. May be I would read more.. write more.. may be start the book..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment