(April 30, 12:21pm)
It was last year's 30th April...around 5pm i guess....when i went to SKM sir, and talked to him one last time..as the dean...and i his student..
I told him how i have always liked only few people...nobody romantically...although i have admired the presence of elegant men and women...judging them, of-course, on my own scales..and valued them, and desired their attention...and sought their love..
Even blandish..
XXX
People who are suave yet humble..dignified yet affable..ready to accommodate others around them, but not letting their privacy go....Whose bearing reflected in little things, and whose learning came alive in even idle talk....their sense of fashion..their aplomb...and all of it innate... not learned...
How I have loved such people, and desired to get into their good books..I told him about Mary Pascal..how i thought she were Snow White coming out of the books..and few others...
XXX
And then, as though suddenly unbound from my elements of discretion, I told him "I liked you...the last time I liked Ms SR, i was only 12...and who knows the next time i'd be well past 30".."Of-course, there have been others too..but they ain't elders...and i guess you're always more obsessed with people who are older, and may be hence, inaccessible".."leaving you, perhaps, in happy, imagined bonhomie.."
XXX
I guess he liked it..he told me how he himself wasn't gregarious..and how this made him vulnerable to getting misunderstood often..
XXX
He gave me a wonderful piece of writing too..from his treasured collection..and told me, "It was an extra-ordinary experience to have a student like you.."
XXX
We talked really long....for an hour and half or more...before, home beckoned!
XXX
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Contact MR. G at THE HINDU HR DEPARTMENT IN CHENNAI IMMEDIATELY. A cheque for 7k is waiting for you. They don't know what to do with it. They want to you surrender your old ID card or give an undertaking that you will not misuse it.
ReplyDelete