The First day at office was free of any cliches...
There was neither the lousy boss, vexing you with attitude.....or, undesirable colleagues, whose poor humour you're supposed to laud and laugh back at!
XXX
Or, may be, I was much too indifferent to either notice or remember any of that!
XXX
The dinner was less oppressive than what we had in ACJ.
In any case, after bearing with the canteen food for about a year, nothing can possibly nauseate us more..
XXX
I was asked to report at 3:30....but, till 2PM at least, I had been seeking oblivion in idle thoughts, which, anyway, come crowding on in you in solitude..
I had thought of to put on just anything and leave, before mumma's ways prevailed on me, and I felt she'd always like me to be immaculate on such occasion.
XXX
So, I dressed up. And also ensured I didn't appear tepid or humdrum, at least not visibly.
XXX
At about 11 I was back;
the office cab dropped us.
XXX
I have been planning assiduously for my first novel. And, my friends are encouraging laboriously..... and twice as lovingly.
XXX
I'm already through with the concept and a few characters. But, letting them grow distinctly and independently, and in obvious harmony to the mood of the plot, requires an almost obsessive involvement on the writer's part!
XXX
I hope I do.
XXX
And yes, I still want to adopt a baby.
XXX
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment