Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

I met the lawyer today....and discussed what to do!

Mr U.S.Tiwary, senior Advocate Patna High Court....a rather sprightly figure for a man in early 60s! Patient, kind-hearted and from what it seems, dexterous enough to help me out..

Lets see.

XXX

Never thought being Bengali would one day let me down..

Had I belonged to any other community, the law would have compelled "Him" to arrange for my upkeep....to pay our rents and provide me money if I opt for Cardiff!

But, Bengali inheritance is guided by this "out-of-the-world" act, called "DAYABHAAG"...

Which says, men of all colors and class- whether kin or strangers- are son of the same almighty, and hence a man shall, if he so obliges, shower his mercy (read money) on whoever he desires!

XXX

Weird

XXX

So, what now?

Will "He" indeed turn me pauper, and force his strange ways upon me?

XXX

The lawyer hopes not...He's diligently studying the "Dayabhaag" law....and he believes there must be some loopholes...that he could work to my advantage...

Meanwhile, attempts have already begun to retrieve my mom's outstanding money...I hope this is done in six months....as, that is how long we can maintain the house in Patna..

XXX

But, it may still not be enough to buy a flat...I need a flat...and a good one, too...where mumma can live....

And I will have my way....just as she had had, always!

XXX

I bought three roses for mumma while returning from the lawyer's bungalow...

Yesterday, I had bought a pink one and put it beside mumma's pic....and was pleasantly surprised to see the petals were in perfect contrast to what she wears in that pic!

Destiny's sweet arrangements...................and some grim ones!

XXX

People had been asking me this all along: Does "He" really not love you?

I replied to myself: Shylock loved his daughter.......but he loved the "ducats" too.

XXX

I'm planning to meet some influential men in the town.....for obvious reasons....I have to restore my finances and buy mom a flat!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment