(Dec 25, 7:47pm)
Some resolutions kill you..
I am usually very careless about money, and have finally decided I would watch myself..
And no, I am not making this a new year oath, but acting upon this silently as the year draws to a close.. I think that makes more sense.. Treading into the days of a new calender with modified habits..
XXX
Okay, so the first way I decided to check money is by refusing to buy essential winter garments which I normally do every year..
Not that you would need a new wollen pants and thermocot and caps and socks every winter.. but what happens is, I don't get them cleaned on time, and as the mercury dips, I unnecessarily buy a fresh one..
A couple of thousand rupees have never mattered to me in that big way.. but no longer..
Not because I am in a tight spot monetarily but because wastefulness must be avoided..
XXX
Even this year I avoided getting them readied till the last minute and now Patna is unbearably cold.. But I have washed all of them today and even if they take days to dry, I am prepared to battle the cold..
Come what may...
XXX
But it's really, really unbearable.. but then resolutions are no cakewalk either!
XXX
Wanted to go to the church this evening.. Convent is at a stone's throw, and they deck up their premises in a grand fashion..
But could not gather the courage.. it's a bad cold wave haunting outside..
XXX
Some resolutions kill you..
I am usually very careless about money, and have finally decided I would watch myself..
And no, I am not making this a new year oath, but acting upon this silently as the year draws to a close.. I think that makes more sense.. Treading into the days of a new calender with modified habits..
XXX
Okay, so the first way I decided to check money is by refusing to buy essential winter garments which I normally do every year..
Not that you would need a new wollen pants and thermocot and caps and socks every winter.. but what happens is, I don't get them cleaned on time, and as the mercury dips, I unnecessarily buy a fresh one..
A couple of thousand rupees have never mattered to me in that big way.. but no longer..
Not because I am in a tight spot monetarily but because wastefulness must be avoided..
XXX
Even this year I avoided getting them readied till the last minute and now Patna is unbearably cold.. But I have washed all of them today and even if they take days to dry, I am prepared to battle the cold..
Come what may...
XXX
But it's really, really unbearable.. but then resolutions are no cakewalk either!
XXX
Wanted to go to the church this evening.. Convent is at a stone's throw, and they deck up their premises in a grand fashion..
But could not gather the courage.. it's a bad cold wave haunting outside..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment