Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Monday, December 15, 2014

(Dec 15, 11:35am)

It's been four days I am in Patna, and now about to start my work... I will be writing columns for a Kashmiri outlet, and doing some editing work for now...

Not very lucrative, but it will keep churning me enough money to pay my bills... and run the household..

I am taking my time in finding a new job opportunity... as I have some very urgent work to be done here...

I am not sure how much time this 'other work' would take to materialise.. but if it does, God willing, there will be lot more stability and peace..

XXX

If it materialises by Jan end, I can then hope to find and take up a job ooportunity from February...

I am in talks with one newpaper, besides another news agency.. but then I hope, they don't offer me anything before February..

If an offer comes up now, I will be in dilemma... how would I do the other 'important work' here in Patna, which too need some attention.. and is very detrimental..

XXX

R***n, my childhood friend and in many ways my best one, went away yesterday... he's getting married.. he had come from Bangalore to meet the prospective bride's parents who are settled in Patna..

He lands in Delhi today to meet the girl, and if all goes well, he's be tying the knot November next year..

It's a habit for both of us to seek counsel from one another in every single matter.. and he had brought a lot of pictures of the girl and wanted me to decide if she'd be okay..

We did a facebook analysis of the girl too..

Frankly, I was not overwhelmed with the girl but then she seems to be a suitable match for R.. The girl's parents live in Patna which is a plus point.. otherwise they'd have to hop to different cities for holidaying every alternate year..

She was a nice girl, not very beautiful, but good enough.. I told R that since he himself is good looking and fair, he could have got a more beautiful girl if he was ready to wait..

He told me his parents aren't and his grandfather, 96 now, is not very well and wants to see his wedding..

We both thought it was more important that the girl was a good human being and that her family was good too..

M*****a fits in well on those quarters.. and then she is presentable too... as I said good, if not excessively beautiful..

XXX

He was wanting to know when would I tie the knot.. I told him a bit later.. It's not a practice for journalists to marry before 33-34..

And I 'd really love to carve a good position for myself in the profession before getting hooked.. and then I have to write my novel, which would take time.. I don't do anything frivolously..

It has to be attempted with a good amount of neatness, planning, and with a lot of heart.. the novel would take time..

And then, before I decide to marry, I would of course need to have a house of my own... Even my Patna apartment is a rented one..

From this, I remember while I was in Kolkata last week, my uncle and aunt gave me a good and long session on how I am being very careless with my money and I am not planning anything..

They told me that I should book a flat immediately.. either in Patna or in Delhi..

Where do I get the booking amount, a nearly 20 percent of the purchase price, I asked them..

They told me I should ask dad for this, and if I am too shy, they were willing to talk on my behalf..

And uncle and aunt both said that onec the booking is done, i should take a loan for the remaining amount.. dispose off the Patna house, and instead of paying rent for the Patna house, use that money to pay EMIs for the loan..

XXX

I nodded but without much conviction.. seriously, i am really not sure what would be the best for me.. it's a battle between prudence and emotion..

This Patna apartment, located in the heart of the city besides the holy Ganges, and which has hosted my childhood and seen my mother bring me up for 11 years, and where I have lived intermittently for another four years after mumma's demise, is integral to me in every way..

What do I do?

I wish I had enough money to buy two houses, one in Delhi and also this one in Patna..

Uncle gets really upset and agitated when I communicate these thoughts..

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment