(Dec 16, 10:33pm)
What has happened to this day? A gruesome gang rape in 2012 and now the Peshawar killings..
December 16 has been a beautiful day for me.. full of good memory.. reminding me of timely and happy reconciliation..
I have been celebrating this day quietly for a few years.. in different ways.. like in 2009, while I was at ACJ in Chennai, I went and had a sumptuous dinner at a Bengali restaurant called Annapurna..
In 2010, I was in Mangalore, and as if God willing it, it was my day off at The Hindu.. I had again had a good dinner outside..
In 2012, I was holidaying in Patna and went to Kapil's 11 late in the evening, in a rather foggy weather..
My handicam, my first one, was bought on this day in 2011.. while in 2007 I had appeared for the Snap test at St Michael's, to secure admission to Symbiosis, and thereafter went to the Patna book fair..
In 2008, while I was still in Patna and preparing for journalism entrance tests, I had gone for a Chinese dinner..
Though in 2013, I didn't do anything specific.. as I had just landed in Kashmir the day before, for a two month stay in the valley, and was at a friend's place..
XXX
What has happened to this day? A gruesome gang rape in 2012 and now the Peshawar killings..
December 16 has been a beautiful day for me.. full of good memory.. reminding me of timely and happy reconciliation..
I have been celebrating this day quietly for a few years.. in different ways.. like in 2009, while I was at ACJ in Chennai, I went and had a sumptuous dinner at a Bengali restaurant called Annapurna..
In 2010, I was in Mangalore, and as if God willing it, it was my day off at The Hindu.. I had again had a good dinner outside..
In 2012, I was holidaying in Patna and went to Kapil's 11 late in the evening, in a rather foggy weather..
My handicam, my first one, was bought on this day in 2011.. while in 2007 I had appeared for the Snap test at St Michael's, to secure admission to Symbiosis, and thereafter went to the Patna book fair..
In 2008, while I was still in Patna and preparing for journalism entrance tests, I had gone for a Chinese dinner..
Though in 2013, I didn't do anything specific.. as I had just landed in Kashmir the day before, for a two month stay in the valley, and was at a friend's place..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment