(April 6, 8:21pm)
After I declined boss's offer of transfer to Patna on reduced pay (which was his way of not letting me go altogether), he's come up with another interesting offer..
XXX
I could be, if I so choose, either of freelancer or retainer for them.. if I choose to be the latter they would ensure rewards that "will be agreeable", plus I could do stories as I wished, without bindings!
XXX
He has called me home tomorrow again..
Meanwhile, Im leaving for home on 13th.. it's an evening flight which would get me home the same night..
XXX
14th, I guess I told you earlier, is Bengali New Year Day! Will make sure it's a good one this time..
XXX
Between, I interviewed Mehbooba Mufti (Jammu and Kashmir opposition leader) today... she was generous and willing to talk.. we talked for actually above 25 minutes.. if we also include the exchange of pleasantries!
XXX
Meanwhile, Media Watch production is in full swing.. I have to also complete two more assignments before I leave on 13th..
One an India-Pakistan story, for which I have already interviewed Mufti and Wajahat Habibullah (Chairman, Minorities Commission who has also been in important diplomatic positions).. and the other one on water privatisation.. for which Im trying my luck with Union Minister for Water Resources, Pawan Bnasal!
XXX
So the pressure is understandable, i guess!
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment