Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Monday, August 16, 2010

I watched a documentary on Jhansi ki Rani today, and I just discovered I still get them...

The goosebumps.

This gallant queen had been my hero since childhood. Nobody else has thrilled me more.

And it's a comfort to know, despite growing up, in other ways I haven't.

I don't desire to, either.
I am happy that i still got the goosebumps.

XXX

Is the advocate's daughter taking interest in me?

Each time I do the errands for mumma, I notice she has to somehow come to her dad's parlour and strike a conversation. And she's "extra-polite."

I thought I was just imagining. Today I realise I wasn't.

Well, I'm not doing the errands again. I can't reciprocate to any of friendship, love or animosity, if the other party is medicore... I'm sorry.

XXX

So we celebrate another year of independence.

No, I wouldn't be a kill joy, bewailing the maoist and inflation things.. I'm not the "100 me ninyanwe baiman to kaise mera Bharat Mahan?" type...

But, it was disenchanting to see Katrina Kaif all over... the movies...the music channels..

There was a time we had Jagriti and Do Aakhen Barah Haath..
But, no longer.

People's perception of "celebrating" has changed thoroughly. We celebrate patriotic fervour watching English movies..When we were slaves, at least we dare wore Khadi.

Now?

Even the most patriotic song of recent times- Chak de India- has soundtracks that are totally alien to the native taste.

XXX

How can't I try something new on 15th August?

I did.
I prepared "Chhanar Payas" (Rasgulle ki kheer).

People liked it.
No, not the kheer....The EFFORT!

No comments:

Post a Comment