The bad dreams are back. And this time, they are more uncanny...
So here I find myself in the lawn, which faces the Chateau.
The guys- from faraway lands- await their turn.
It's the day of judgement. Those who died young and single, are being awarded points on their appearance. If you get eight, you are alive again. You are allowed to tavel back in time and marry the girl you wish.
Anything less than four makes celibacy mandatory. Thou shalt be a monk ever after.
I am apprehensive about my own fate.
I am jittery.
How do I get 8?
How on earth?
I haven't been looking nearly good. It's weeks since I last had a bleach... My hairs are unkempt, and I am not even wearing the Feerozi shirt that makes me look good magically.
I try to escape, but the guards with shining armour pounce on me and stop me. I am produced before the Jury that has been waiting in one of the antechambers inside.
Suddenly my fears are allayed.
The ACJ girls are the Jury.
Okay, I haven't spoken to many of them often, but I'm sure they would not discomfit my hopes for an "8."
All of them are angels now, and have beautiful wings. Their golden locks let loose in splendor and parley with the ivory floor.
They smile at me.
I smile back.
And then...
Like the caprice of some haughty monarch, they are transformed into gorgons...
They have snakes for hairs...
They laugh at me, making deafening sounds... They enjoy themselves in my discomfort..
And,
They give me 2.
I'm doomed.
I scream. I shout. But, nobody comes for help.
No
No
Noooooo.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment