(Dec 30, 5:03pm)
Had a good time last evening, sipping an Ethiopian coffee at CP.. I do not feel like retiring to home after work, as this is a festive season..
So, last evening at around 8, I went to KFC at Connaught place and then post the meal I was sitting at a coffee bar... having some time to myself.. thinking about the new year..
No, I'm not suggesting that I like being alone all the time.. or making a virtue out of it.. it's just that the 2-3 friends I could hang out with, are not in town.. and the ones who are inviting me, I'm not very keen to meet..
So, that's okay... I can enjoy solitarily too.. actually I do not have fixed rules.. If I have good friends around, I like hanging out.. on other times, I am fine alone..
But yes, I am not very comfortable with large groups, or with acquaintances... I need friends who are close..
Sometimes, I want to be alone necessarily.. the choice varies.. anyway, right now I would have been happier if these friends were around.. but then, that's okay..
XXX
Office threw a year end lunch today.. they had ordered food from the kitchen of Al-Nazir... the mutton was good...
A couple of colleagues were saying we could plan something for 31st evening.. let's see.. nothing is decided yet..
XXX
And of-course, 1st is my birthday..
The second time, when I would not be in Patna.. Last time was 2011 in Mangalore.. That was during my mourning period anyway, as Mumma had just passed away..
I think I had had a lunch and then headed to The Hindu office for an evening shift.. Let's see what do I do this time... as I said, my friends are not around..
May be I would watch a movie.. drop in to office for an hour and then have a sumptuous dinner somewhere..
XXX
Had a good time last evening, sipping an Ethiopian coffee at CP.. I do not feel like retiring to home after work, as this is a festive season..
So, last evening at around 8, I went to KFC at Connaught place and then post the meal I was sitting at a coffee bar... having some time to myself.. thinking about the new year..
No, I'm not suggesting that I like being alone all the time.. or making a virtue out of it.. it's just that the 2-3 friends I could hang out with, are not in town.. and the ones who are inviting me, I'm not very keen to meet..
So, that's okay... I can enjoy solitarily too.. actually I do not have fixed rules.. If I have good friends around, I like hanging out.. on other times, I am fine alone..
But yes, I am not very comfortable with large groups, or with acquaintances... I need friends who are close..
Sometimes, I want to be alone necessarily.. the choice varies.. anyway, right now I would have been happier if these friends were around.. but then, that's okay..
XXX
Office threw a year end lunch today.. they had ordered food from the kitchen of Al-Nazir... the mutton was good...
A couple of colleagues were saying we could plan something for 31st evening.. let's see.. nothing is decided yet..
XXX
And of-course, 1st is my birthday..
The second time, when I would not be in Patna.. Last time was 2011 in Mangalore.. That was during my mourning period anyway, as Mumma had just passed away..
I think I had had a lunch and then headed to The Hindu office for an evening shift.. Let's see what do I do this time... as I said, my friends are not around..
May be I would watch a movie.. drop in to office for an hour and then have a sumptuous dinner somewhere..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment