Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

(October 23, 9:21pm)

So many things lined up.. it's production day at office tomorrow, which means I'll have to hang around till midnight... add to it, I have early morning flight to board (on Tuesday).. and the airport is some 30 km away..

So, what I have planned is, once I am done at office at around 11:30pm, I'll ask the cab to first take me home, where I'll collect the suitcase, and then head for airport..

XXX

But even when I am home (in my native city, on Tuesday late morning), there's gonna be no respite.. It's Deepawali on Wednesday.. and I need to celebrate that.. so Tuesday's gonna be all day of house keeping, house cleaning.. after which I need to shop too..

Bharati ji and co are no doubt sincere and trained.. but you know when it's festival, you can't just pull it on others totally..

XXX

Anyway, I need to pack..
but first let me have dinner, im famished..

XXX

It's not that im all game for Diwali.. like i'd be excited other years.. but the celebration has to be big time.. with sweets and crackers and rituals and new clothes.. everything..

XXX

It's been long since we celebrated.. Hindu rituals demand, you abstain for a year.. and then I missed out on Durga Puja, too... as I went home for the death anniversary thing, and returned just ahead of DP..

XXX

So, here's hopefully having a big Diwali... I don't remember there had ever been such long gaps in celebration.. in rituals.. the house seems bereft of 'faith'...so in some sense its obligatory..

XXX

We bongs mark Kali puja on Diwali.. unlike non-Bengalis who celebrate Laxmi puja.. but I'd go for the latter... Kali puja is elaborate.. and it's difficult for one person to arrange it..

I have widely consulted for the rituals.. and hopefully i'd be able to do it.. Laxmi puja is not all that complex... and then, i have grown up watching grannie doing all that anyway..

XXX

Once I am home I'd catch up again..
Bbbyeee..

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment