Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I didn't have to act yesterday. It was effortless. The repartee, the gossip, the banter all came naturally to me.

Naturally and swiftly.

I was easy. I was playful. I responded to the jokes well. And after a long time I could also emote. Yes emote. That's important for me. I cannot talk if I'm not emoting.

The eyes need to be keen. They should also twinkle. In surprise. In glee. In zest. In tantrums.

The eyebrows should move, too. Though not too readily.
And, the smile....It must be distinctive. Adjusting itself to the changing contours of one's talk.

He said I did all of that with aplomb.
Yesterday- when I went to see him, my first among few friends at ACJ.

And that makes it decidedly certain. It is not disdain that I feign up towards other people. It's not delusional either.

I really am not able to gel with every other person. I am alive when I'm with people I like. Like I found this boy in ACJ.

And also this other girl, who now teaches in perhaps some Anganbadi. But with her, it wasn't that regular. We both were taciturn.

But, I'd remember her always. When I write my books, she will even be the protagonist in one of them. She'd be the Lady who walked tall.

He showed me the new motor byke he has bought. I even liked the color. If I were a child, I'd be jealous. I'd make scratches on it and run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment