(Mar 20, 12:20am)
The last time I bought Nandan, the children's story book published every month, was in September 2010..
That was a time I was getting ready to leave for Mangalore.. To join work at The Hindu..
Everytime I'm shifting base from home, whether for studies or work, I like spending some time on my hobbies - reading topping the list..
And somehow I have retained my interest in reading children's books.. Skm sir, the ACJ dean, said he did too...
But that was not to be.. Mumma passed away unexpectedly, and that last copy of Nandan was lost without my reading it at all..
XXX
Today, as I was re-arranging my old book shelf, I found the same copy.. the September 2010 issue of Nandan!
Incidentally, these are similar times.. I am once again shifting base from home to begin work.. This time in Delhi...
And that adds to my renewed interest in reading that copy.. In fact I am doing that now, as I prepare to sleep..
XXX
Between, I went to see Mrs Ghosh today, that old colleague of mumma and former principal of mumma's college..
She is an avid listener and likes talking to me.. She asked me to narrate every detail of the Kashmir trip.. and saw the pictures rather keenly..
XXX
The last time I bought Nandan, the children's story book published every month, was in September 2010..
That was a time I was getting ready to leave for Mangalore.. To join work at The Hindu..
Everytime I'm shifting base from home, whether for studies or work, I like spending some time on my hobbies - reading topping the list..
And somehow I have retained my interest in reading children's books.. Skm sir, the ACJ dean, said he did too...
But that was not to be.. Mumma passed away unexpectedly, and that last copy of Nandan was lost without my reading it at all..
XXX
Today, as I was re-arranging my old book shelf, I found the same copy.. the September 2010 issue of Nandan!
Incidentally, these are similar times.. I am once again shifting base from home to begin work.. This time in Delhi...
And that adds to my renewed interest in reading that copy.. In fact I am doing that now, as I prepare to sleep..
XXX
Between, I went to see Mrs Ghosh today, that old colleague of mumma and former principal of mumma's college..
She is an avid listener and likes talking to me.. She asked me to narrate every detail of the Kashmir trip.. and saw the pictures rather keenly..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment