Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

(Dec 16, 6:16pm)

On this day last year, I bought my first camera.. A Sony cyber shot, with 14 mega pixels.. Strange but we never had a camera..

Muma in her last years was recluse.. Often forgetting to buy even basic home appliances, unless pressed upon.. Her focus remained on spirituality and in serving the needful..

And since I too never was drawn to gadgets, I never felt the need for a camera.. Clicking pictures was not in agenda.. I was introvert and hanged around rather infrequently..

XXX

But last year this day, I finally bought one.. I don't know if most of you have liking for doing special things on special dates.. But I have..

16th Dec is special to me.. and I thought why not spend some time at the mall, after work.. and it was then that I bought this cyber shot and got myself a sumptuous dinner later..

I am going for dinner this 16th December too.. In fact about to get ready for Kapil's 11..

XXX

Last year, around this time, I would be off to malls everyday after work.. and shop uncontrollably.. I had my tickets to Srinagar booked for 23rd..

And since it was my life's only genuine vacation, if I discount an excursion to Agra or my study trips with Mom, I was sure this had to be a memorable one..

So one day I would buy this jacket or that, the other day stoles to match.. I was very excited then, joyfully counting down my trip to the Kashmir valley..

XXX

By the way, if I had the camera while mumma were alive, I would have stolen upon so many moments forever..

XXX 

No comments:

Post a Comment