(Oct 21. 11:20pm)
When I was very young, Mom would take me, my brother and cousin to see the different poojas in the city..
Specially, the pandals and the decorations.. when we would return, she would buy us toys at the pooja fairs..
One of my favourite was the paper crocodile, with a string to hold it... As you moved, it would crawl in the ground and its neck would go in and peep out of a hole or something..
To us, back then, it almost seemed it was alive.. and its movements were real..
I don't see such toys being sold now at the Durga pooja venues... children have advanced... they have their tabs.. and their games..
The crocodile is dead! And somehow, I feel bad..
XXX
When I was very young, Mom would take me, my brother and cousin to see the different poojas in the city..
Specially, the pandals and the decorations.. when we would return, she would buy us toys at the pooja fairs..
One of my favourite was the paper crocodile, with a string to hold it... As you moved, it would crawl in the ground and its neck would go in and peep out of a hole or something..
To us, back then, it almost seemed it was alive.. and its movements were real..
I don't see such toys being sold now at the Durga pooja venues... children have advanced... they have their tabs.. and their games..
The crocodile is dead! And somehow, I feel bad..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment