Total Pageviews

ANANDO BHAKTO

ANANDO BHAKTO
Love not me for comely grace, For my pleasing eyes or face,
Nor for any outward part, Love me for my child-like Heart!

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

(Oct 1, 10:54am)

No, no... I didn't stop blogging.. I was just without internet ever since I returned home last Monday.. and a bad flu taking a toll on me..

There's so much to share... When I opened the house, God, can't tell you what a mess it was...

A coat of dust had enveloped everything... and how foolish of me I hadn't even covered the furniture with plastic sheet or anything..

So there's this outline of furniture and there is this coat of dust enveloping everything.. Imagine...

XXX

I was frenzied.. I called up my Calcutta aunt.. she suggested when my maids come, I immediately put them into cleaning, and do not engage them into cooking or any other kitchen work..

Food should be home delivered, she suggested.. so that they can devote all their time to cleaning.. I wasn't consoled..

I called up my Masi, who lives half the year in Bangalore, but who has returned Patna for the Durga Pooja and who would be here next four months,.

She asked me to come over..

XXX

I washed and changed at her place... had breakfast too.. and the she planned out that since the maids would be coming only at 9:30, I should first go do whatever marketing I can for mom's yearly shradh rites, which was the next day...

It was 8am then.. So, her driver took me to the new market which is near Patna junction.. we didn't take the car to avoid traffic jams..

He dropped me in byke with all the stuff to my apartment... then the maids did a non-stop 10 hour cleaning..

Meanwhile, the caretaker got me grocery and other stuff, the cable operator came over to connect the set tops which weren't functioning... and once the maids went away at 7:30 pm, I did the rest of teh marketing..

At 9:30pm, when I returned, I cleaned the washrooms, had a bath, and then cleaned the pooja room..

Oh, imagine.. and then I didn't have any sleep.. I had to get up at 4am the enxt day to listen to Mahalaya... which a hymnic ritual, Bengalis listen over the radio religiously one day before the start of Navaratri..

XXX

The whole day was then spent in the Baatsarik or the annual shradh rituals.. and to make things more difficult for me, who had fasted all day, I got drenched in rain when I went to immerse the pooja remnants at the Ganges,,

Next one week, I am on bed... and mostly without internet connection.. as tata photon, which I use, have closed down their services in Bihar..

Between, it's Saptami today...

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment