(Jan 6, 4:30pm)
Happy New Year.. Lots to share with you all..
Just give me some time to write..
XXX
Between, I dreamed of Mom again... last night.. rather today.. as I had gone to bed at only 4am... having listened to Rabindra Sangeet the whole of last night..
It was a special meeting-up with muma... special on so many counts...
First, it is still the new year season.. and we have celebrated this season rather zealously always.. and then, I'm in Kashmir, and it's such a pleasant sight here..
Snow falling into the mirror-still waters of the Dal.. and the Nageen...
XXX
And special also, as this dream was not marked by any note of meloncholy or separation.. It was all about togetherness..
We toured the city, cold as the day was... stopping at shops and buying stationary things... mom's favourite pastime... like the drawing boards and water colours... the books and diaries...
Lots of pens of different ink... files.. calendars... fancy carry bags.... Sometimes, I told her it was too much spending.. grannie would be upset...
She told me I need not worry.. and somehow, and quite unusually, I agreed..
XXX
Were it the tunes of Rabindra Sangeet which drew her to me... Perhaps.... Music penetrates afterall...
This world, or the other, a soulful music never fails to touch one's thoughts... or create reconciliation..
XXX
Happy New Year.. Lots to share with you all..
Just give me some time to write..
XXX
Between, I dreamed of Mom again... last night.. rather today.. as I had gone to bed at only 4am... having listened to Rabindra Sangeet the whole of last night..
It was a special meeting-up with muma... special on so many counts...
First, it is still the new year season.. and we have celebrated this season rather zealously always.. and then, I'm in Kashmir, and it's such a pleasant sight here..
Snow falling into the mirror-still waters of the Dal.. and the Nageen...
XXX
And special also, as this dream was not marked by any note of meloncholy or separation.. It was all about togetherness..
We toured the city, cold as the day was... stopping at shops and buying stationary things... mom's favourite pastime... like the drawing boards and water colours... the books and diaries...
Lots of pens of different ink... files.. calendars... fancy carry bags.... Sometimes, I told her it was too much spending.. grannie would be upset...
She told me I need not worry.. and somehow, and quite unusually, I agreed..
XXX
Were it the tunes of Rabindra Sangeet which drew her to me... Perhaps.... Music penetrates afterall...
This world, or the other, a soulful music never fails to touch one's thoughts... or create reconciliation..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment