(Oct 7, 12:57pm)
Looking forward to seeing English Vinglish.. Surprising though it is, I have never watched Sridevi on screen in the cinema hall.. I was too young when she ruled the box office...
But I do remember getting very excited whenever there was a re-run of her movies - Mr India, Nagin or Chaalbaaz - on Doordarshan! I was in primary school then..
XXX
Looking forward to seeing English Vinglish.. Surprising though it is, I have never watched Sridevi on screen in the cinema hall.. I was too young when she ruled the box office...
But I do remember getting very excited whenever there was a re-run of her movies - Mr India, Nagin or Chaalbaaz - on Doordarshan! I was in primary school then..
XXX
You missed Sadma and Lamhe...but it is a bit surprising to see a die hard fan of Mrs.Nene root for her arch rival. In any case English Vinglish is the kind of comeback only a Diva like Sridevi can pull off.
ReplyDeleteMost certainly, there is absolutely not a trace of rust in her talent. Yes, I am absorbed, almost in a hypnotic way, to Madhuri Dixit, but that does not stop me from acknowledging and admiring other talents. And in any case, a true talent will never need to pull back a rival to win the race. He/She can always leapfrog using his own mettle, to be ahead in the race. And yes, Sadma and Lamhe were iconic!
ReplyDelete