15th August wasn't that gr8 today... I woke up late... Not that enthusiasm was missing (though mostly it was), I was indisposed... Every year, I celebrate much zestfully though..
XXX
Last year was the last one with mom...and I had done everything perfectly.. gettin' up before day-break... getting a bath.. cleaning the house.. getting the "kachori and jalebis" from outside.. hoisting the tricolor religiously in every corner of the house..and with mom in attendance, watching DD's live telecast of the day!
XXX
Among other things, I had cooked paneer.. and watched Star TV documentery on the Queen of Jhansi! I guess I had prepared "Chhanar payas" (rasgulle k kheer), too..
XXX
Yesterday was 11 months..and that it would be soon a year, dreads my thoughts.. I wasn't home to do the garlands and all.. or lit the diya.. But I offered prayers here.. prayers are universal... not requiring of space, not requiring of time.. abstract.. and everywhere around.. much like a mother's affection...
XXX
Sometimes I can be very content in little things..and knowing of ways to make the present situation the happiest for me.. so although there wasnt the display pic here, or any vase or any arrangement at all... I clipped a postcard photo of her in the wall.. little above the side table.. and got a bunch of flowers underneath.. It was very happy moment..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment