They called me for a hang-out again, and I responded this time, too.
It was a nice chitto-chat at Coffee Cafe Day.
At Connaught Place- in which ACJians see a blur yet joyous reflection of Bessi hideouts.
One girl and the seven of us boys!
The logical inference of this merry-making tells me I'm trying to change. Or is it just that im falling short of suitable excuses?
I have never been a hibernating animal, although I have been choosy at seeking comapany. But it's time I adjusted my ways and imitated- if not imbibe- models on behaviour.
You just need to adapt, there's no escape.
For experience has it that you would not find those perfectly-bonding people at all, or should you find them, they may not befriend you for long.
But I'm so inamenable at changing my ways. I know it's an honest start. But will it also remain a persistent one?
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I say this mostly out of concern Anando.
ReplyDeleteYou need help.
I am not one of those ACJians who want to make you feel like shit for the heck of it. I am being very serious.
Talk to someone, anyone.
You are bordering on delusional. More than just bordering on.
You have a grandiose sense of self which is very far from reality. Please. Seek help.
Your language is polished, punctuations at place, and the prepositions accurate; and that tells me you could not be an ACJian.
ReplyDeleteEspecially, when you have typed the word "ACJians" exactly the way i had done in the post (the use of caps lock).
No, i do not have a grandiose sense of self. I'm aware of my virtues and slipbacks equally unambiguously!
Who do i talk to by the way?
Mumma?
I've rather hidden that meticulously. Do you expect me to tell her, "look, i disgust nine out of ten ppl i come across everyday?"
Sorry, nobody wants to be butchered.
And then, i dont want to be a shabby counterfiet of hers. A waste-boy, who has inherited poorly from a gifted and versatile mom. I'm already reminded of that all the time.
And then, it's not that i cant socialise. I dont dislike people either. I dont know.
But, i'd rather hide that.
'Your language is polished, punctuations at place, and the prepositions accurate; and that tells me you could not be an ACJian.'
ReplyDeleteI am not one to chew words...so sorry if this hurts..
Do step out of the ivory tower...if the 'holier-than-thou' attitude and hypocrisy of the last post are likely to nauseate any well thinking person...the above lines stink of superciliousness...come back to ground...trust me..it will do you a lot of good.
BTW...this is humble effort on my part to sound like a true blue Acjian...so don't mind the tone of the comment...not to mention punctuation...grammar...and all the rest of it...
Hi,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, all that talk on punctuation and grammar was not meant to hurt anybody, although that sounds rude. But, ain't that true? I don't need an answer, but answer your self bro/miss.
It's easy to lampoon others for arrogance, but aint this true that most of ACJians wud not pay any regard to the Subhashree Maam's n others classes on grammar!
Despite the 700 Rs that r parents had paid every day, at ACJ? What wud you call that? Serene indifference to the hard earned family money?
You wud not even think on those lines, after all you dont survive on less than 20 Rs a day, like 17 crore ppl do!
Yet, the least i can sayis: Truce!
Okay. At the outset, I am going to make one thing clear, Anando. I, the writer of the previous so-called polished comment, am too, an ACJian. Your batch too. Can't quite comment on how true-blue I was, though.
ReplyDeleteAll I said was that I am not one of those that will make you feel like shit for the heck of it.
Don't deride the institute, or its people. It had some pretty fine writers, and some pretty fine human beings. So just because you might have spotted good grammar and writing does not mean I am not from there. As I said, I very much am.
The only reason why I choose to stay anonymous like all the others is because I, like the others, hardly spoke to you through those months. But, unlike the others, I will be clear about what I have to say.
It is true that a lot of ACJians (It is the correct usage of the term, and hence a lot of people will use it) follow your blog intently. That may be to seek a little entertainment each day, but having said that, you need to stop basking in the glory of whatever it is that you use for your balm. There appears to be a serious gap between your reality and your perception of it, so all I (and everyone else who seems to be commenting) is saying is, get off that high horse, and talk to someone. Please.
Also, you are not a waste boy. You do not disgust nine of ten people you meet. You just have the tendency of going up to people with that holier-than-thou attitude I was just accused of possessing.
ReplyDeleteIf not your mother, surely there has to be that ONE other person you trust. A friend, even a counsellor of some sort? If not, then, that, right there, is your problem. You have more shortcomings than you'd like to believe.
And the failure to see that is what you think leads to people being put off.
Dear Anando,
ReplyDeleteneither do you need to seek sny counselling, nor give a damn to what this other anonymous has to advise you, which anyway, is only an attempt to make you feel odd, and thus, inferior.
I, too, am an ACJian, and like the other anonymous, i too haven't spoken to you on many ocassions. Still, i admire you for your excellence at work (yeah, that you are, however may your sinister and anonymous critics disagree), and your punctuality, and grammar, and everything else.
My only suggestion is: IGNORE.
Really, thats the only thing you need to do.
And if you ever be tempted to believe what the malice in others have to tell about you, just remember all those many ocassions when the professors had publiclyly praised you, and put you at much higher place than others. They were more learned ppl, and hence the better judges too.
Okay, i was in your group itself. And hence, i know that better than this anonymous person does. You always got it. From all of them. APPRECIATION!
ya, i too feel you put on airs at times. But thats as much merited too.
I dont know whether this other anonynous was in print or not. If he was, he's only trying to demoralise you, as that is the only tool available to ppl who cannot win the battles themselves or by their work. If he was in print, its difficult to believe he dint hear any of kvk vkr or skm lauding your work, wchich anyway, they did on lot many times.
ReplyDeleteEven if he belonged to some other stream, he surely would have got some of that to hear from others. Or may be, he too was just as abconding a personality as he accuses you to be!
Mr/Ms. Polished anonymous...this is anonymous 2...i was referring to Mr.Anando's previous post..when i used word like holier than thou and hypocrisy...i wouldn't dream of accusing soemone i don't know in person...contrary to your notion...i have heard the faculty praising Anando... i respect their opinion too...but in all honesty...i wouldn't read too much into what they say...and that's not to say i detest Anando's writings...nor am i the sort of person who looks down upon goody-goody people...far from that...i truly respect sincerity and determination...both of which Anando possesses for sure...actually i wanted to comment in the same tone as u did..before Anando's patronising comment on Acjians put me off..that's abt it.. am not trying to demoralise anyone...i just think it's sad that a dedicated and hard working person like Anando should be so goddamn delusional and thus end up looking foolish...i merely wrote the comment as a well wisher of his..maybe i should have used a more understanding tone(as u have)..but anger got the better of me ...hope i cleared the air!
ReplyDeleteAnd Anando...dude..am sorry abt the rude comment..i think there are many qualities people should imbibe from you...but just like everyone else...you do have your share of flaws...try accepting the fact...acceptance from other quarters will eventually follow..don't treat this as just another piece of shitty advice(not referring to yours polished anonymous)...this just a humble suggestion...you can take it or leave it...:)
first of all, this is very confusing.
ReplyDeleteHow many of you are there; i've simply baffled.
Please try introducing urself as anonymous followed by a numerical. It will help me respond more accurately.
okay.
Anonymous- the very first one: You ned not be sorry. Actually all i meant was, it aghast me to see how ppl (many of them, pls dont contend this) used the wrong grammar and punctuation all the time, despite some v sincere efforts ACJ faculties made to polish that up. Obviously, ACJians themselves are to blame then. I truly respect te institution, and only feel sorry that for some ppl, merry-making was more pivotal to attending those language classes. But, ended up sounding diffrent.
Anonymous (the onw who defended me): thanks, bro/miss. In my group?
which group...first term or print group???
Anonymous 3: Or is it that there were two anonymous only. Please dudes, dont do this to me. Its not fair. You have every info bout me, while i, not the slightest clues.
Look you cant do this. Please reveal ur identities. I get distracted. All the time im guessing ur names. Its not done.
If its some game, its really not funny.
This is the "polished" one.
ReplyDeleteHere. You spoke about grammar, and hence, to illustrate my point about the delusional high horse you have placed yourself on:
"it aghast me to see how ppl" - aghast is not a verb.
"used the wrong grammar" - that 'the' in the middle is redundant.
"ACJ faculties" - incorrect. ACJ faculty. Faculties is ONLY when you are referring to faculties of different institutions.
"merry-making was more pivotal to attending those language classes" - to be pivotal is to stand at the top. Pivot? Hence there can be no more or less pivotal. It is either pivotal or not. Also, more important THAN, not to, is what you were looking for.
"ou have every info bout me" - incorrect usage of the word info. Ever piece of info maybe. All info maybe. But not every info.
This was tiring. Just trying to make a point. Say what you will, defender.
Also, Anonymous 2. I apologise for my assumption. It seems to me we share a few opinions here. :)
I'm the defender, as you call it Mr/Ms Polished Anonymous. Okay few things to be cleared:
ReplyDeleteOne, it is as much delusional on ur part to believe Anando would not know all that you have just preached on grammar. I think none of us bother too much while writing a post in blogs, emails. Even the faculty wud make wrong usages in their emails they sent us. Would that make you believe their grammar was crude. I still am not sure whether you were in print. Else you wud acknowledge his prowess in writing, not to mention grammar, which was dificult to spot while editing. And im quoting one of the faculty here.
Two, i think all he meant to say, was he was upset at seeing others bunk classes at will, despite, what he has calculated, 700 rs a day. Whats wrong in that. Me and you cud well have been among those who did miss classes and beguiled others with talk on how we managed proxy attendence. He atleast atended those classes and took exams from his own notes. Cant he then expressdispleasure at others. And in any case, he's apologised for that.
Three, im no anando defender, just feel bad at ppl trying to legpull him, bcoz they cudnt leapfrog him.
Four, you have been talking a lot bout his arrogance, but if you read the comments carefully- from a third person's perspective- it is you whose comments seem harsher. He seems to be trying for "truce," and well after he's aploigised.
Five, what the *uck is this delusional thingie??? Man if you say he's put on airs and that he's bein supercilious at times, i might join you at ocasions. But he's certainly not delusional. In one of his posts he mentions that "that professor" said he was so good that even if he dressed his worst, recruiters will still take him (alas that dint happen, despite his always dressing up well). i dont know how far that is true, but iv overheard skm tellin the guys in corridor some pretty good things bout his writing; and also mohan, who was too full of praises for everything bout him. so delusional may not be the most accurate word to use. though, the faculty too shud not have been so openly "gaga" over him. First, that may well be the reason why he's been supercilious. And that perhaps also is responsible wy some ppl got so bitter bout him.
And man believe me, he's not as disgusting or nything. I too had similar opinion, as i too, like you, havent known him. But he was v warm when one of my frnds, who was in the same elective as his, approached him for some help on some presentation. i think he's more hapy-g0-lucky than delusional or anything else.
Anonymous 99..... that's what I will call myself...(God ! We ACJ-ITES have so much time on their hands !)
ReplyDeleteWell,Anando , you have been kind to all responses,allow me to just say... you are very talented and dedicated but I feel that your talnt and hard work get undermined on account of your pretended disdain of other people. That I supposes comes from the need to mask an imagined and therefore needless sense of incompleteness in you. You don't need therapy or ruthless disgust, just be realistic like anonymous polished says, and that would mean accepting that everyone has virtues and vices, no one is perfect, including you and I. Be strong and moan a little less! laugh at others and yourself often but with let that laughter be softened with understanding. Good luck !