(September 21, 5:45pm)
I guess it's been close to two years since I last posted on this site... This had been a valued outlet where I would speak my heart out whenever life was mournful..
I'm not sure what changed... Whether life was never punctuated by dullness again, or I learnt to cope well... or, grew discreet...
But wish me luck, as I begin to write again, and take an important leap in my career... I'm joining an ace publication as its special correspondent on the 24th of this month, and that's less than 72 hours away!
XXX
Oh, I guessed it! It's joy that brings me back!
It's been a good journey, then... My relation with this blog, once stimulated by gloom, is now restored by merry tidings that destiny has brought..
And, what's more lovely, tell me?
I'm at my Patna apartment at present... At my mom's balcony... from where the Ganges can be seen!
Once a vast expanse of clear water, the river is now its emaciated self... At least the part of it which is visible from our house... From the terrace, its width is significant, though..
It's been raining for a few days, and the river has swelled.. It does every monsoon.. The otherwise narrow stretch, hence, is abundant with water again... moving in supple grace as birds hover around...
Small boats can be seen at regular interval, but their decaying look tells you the sorry story of the rowers, who once thrived.. When this city didn't have malls, multiplexes and water parks, people used to frequent them for joyrides across this holy river...
XXX
I hope to be doing meaningful long forms, mostly narratives from the ground, in my new job...
As I'd travel through different landscapes, meeting people whose lives are in stark contrast to us city dwellers, there would be more imagination...
And, consequently, more powerful situations in my novel... Situations and people that intrigue..
XXX
I guess it's been close to two years since I last posted on this site... This had been a valued outlet where I would speak my heart out whenever life was mournful..
I'm not sure what changed... Whether life was never punctuated by dullness again, or I learnt to cope well... or, grew discreet...
But wish me luck, as I begin to write again, and take an important leap in my career... I'm joining an ace publication as its special correspondent on the 24th of this month, and that's less than 72 hours away!
XXX
Oh, I guessed it! It's joy that brings me back!
It's been a good journey, then... My relation with this blog, once stimulated by gloom, is now restored by merry tidings that destiny has brought..
And, what's more lovely, tell me?
I'm at my Patna apartment at present... At my mom's balcony... from where the Ganges can be seen!
Once a vast expanse of clear water, the river is now its emaciated self... At least the part of it which is visible from our house... From the terrace, its width is significant, though..
It's been raining for a few days, and the river has swelled.. It does every monsoon.. The otherwise narrow stretch, hence, is abundant with water again... moving in supple grace as birds hover around...
Small boats can be seen at regular interval, but their decaying look tells you the sorry story of the rowers, who once thrived.. When this city didn't have malls, multiplexes and water parks, people used to frequent them for joyrides across this holy river...
XXX
I hope to be doing meaningful long forms, mostly narratives from the ground, in my new job...
As I'd travel through different landscapes, meeting people whose lives are in stark contrast to us city dwellers, there would be more imagination...
And, consequently, more powerful situations in my novel... Situations and people that intrigue..
XXX
No comments:
Post a Comment