(March 19, 3:20pm)
Finally free!
XXX
It gives me such peace..it gives me new zeal, new desire..a new-found energy to live and sustain..and revitalise..
It's sad that my first job experience had to be a gory one..but that is certainly not to demean the coveted daily I had been working for..It's just the person in-charge..who i see and judge in isolation..and hence blame the company not remotely...
XXX
But what do i say about that Dombivelli brought-up...some persons are so cheap and ill-bred...yes, ill-bred..otherwise he would not have troubled even a woman employee..and tormented me at my hour of distress...
Anyways, as the Bengalis put it: man's nature cant be moulded at twilight age..so why talk about him at all..this blog is for well-bred ACJians, not for Dombivelli brought-ups!
XXX
Now, Id quickly chronicle how the last 11 days unfolded for me..Reached Mumbai on 8th at around noon..and it was such sweet of Sh***q** to take a day off and receive me at the station..it was fun at his place..and Gawd, who'd say he lives in Mumbai..i mean it's not easy to rent a 2200 sq-ft apartment, even though he stays at Navi Mumbai..somewhere called Khargar..
He says he gives some 12K bucks, and shares it with another mate.."Is there a ghost in the house?" Thats the first thing i asked..Even at Noida, you dont get a 2200 sq-ft at 12k!
XXX
After dinner, he dropped me at Mumbai CST at around 11...and I was home before day-break on 10th..
And,
Home is home is home...you can live in luxuriest places, but the contentment eludes you unless you're home..
It was dark and cold..and should i say, a mess? By my standards, it's always a mess, anyway..but the maids who ensured everything was pass-muster by my levels in only two hours..Apurva dropped in before 10..we had breakfast and lunnh together..
After that I was off to uni, where Rohan's dad played the cool samaritan and helped in taking the files further...Rohan himself came at around 8..and took me for dinner at Vasanth Vihar...we had lots of talk and gossip and made plans for bigger hang-outs too!
XXX
11th I was mostly busy with uni work, and I guess nobody came..12th, Apurva and I went for Ashu's house-warming party, and caught up with another couple of friends, and then on Sunday, the four of them dropped in to my place again..and among movies and music, we had chicken too..and guess what, I cooked!
XXX
13th, all of us ganged up again..at the station..Sid had to leave for Bangalore..sadly...once you work, you are made to become the spoilsport in even bonding seasons..After he had left, Apurva made diligent plans for a liquor party, and categorically said those who didnt drink, courtesy me- had to be present too..
It was a big flop..except Pra****t, the lieutinent at Bhuj, nobody showed up...and so, we went to Raj Rasoi for lunch instead..and while i relished the chicken wings, Apurva kept telling the sniper, it was i who had "fixed" the no show-up...
XXX
Wednesday-Thursday, I dont remember meeting anybody..though Rohan dropped in after office both the days...Oh between, I had a silent but content Monday..it was six months...I got flowers and rose and decked up Mom's display pic at the sitting parlour..besides offering elaborate prayers and obesience the whole afternoon..
XXX
Friday was remarkable again..Ashu and Apurva gathered at my place...and ordered garlic bread sticks and pizzas from Dominoz..
XXX
Today again ASh came for a fleeting time...we did some marketing together, before he dropped me home..I dont know..im still in mourning period and supposed to abstain from festivities...
But I couldnt help seeing a famished kitchen..so got these snacks and all...im in no mood to indulge, but was kind of feeling low...so just filled up the store room with eatables...thought it shouldnt be such a grey holi afterall...
XXX
The lease of the house has been renewed between..but God knows how would I afford it..But thats exactly why i need not worry...you know when you read the same line again (but God knows how would I afford it), but without scepticim, it suddenly becomes an expression of faith..and not apprehension..
XXX
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What can I say about my ex-colleague? He is commenting about my upbringing. He does not know that I have a disabled mother at home. He does not know that my father left me and my mother on the streets all of a sudden when I was just 9. I grew up watching my handicapped mother work as a housemaid for sometime in Tirupati just to ensure that we don't starve to death. He does not ackowledge the fact I had the pressure of deadline and productivity to meet at office. He just forgot that I have two little kids back home. One of them is ill and I am unable to see them because this devious creature left me uninformed. He defied me at office, made serious mistakes on the page and expected me to recommend him for promotion.
ReplyDeleteHow will a team leader react when a newcomer, on probation, asks for 20 days leave barely a month after joining duty? Give him a hug? Show me one company in the world that gives even two days leave barely a month after you join. I never denied him his weekly off. I never gave him extra work. Yet, he chose to file a false complaint of harassment against me. He quoted me out of context about things that we speak within the department. After 15 years of hard work and a blemishless service, I was facing an enquiry because of this devious, self-opinionated, selfish human being. When you join a company, you have to work with all kinds of work. When you are in training, your focus should be on work and not about imaginary problems.
ReplyDeleteI never used an offensive or foul language against him, yet he abuses me on the Facebook. He puts up unedited caption on the page at 10.45 p.m., just two days after the head office had issued a warning to my superior. What am I supposed to do? About tormenting a woman employee, I don't even go anywhere near her. My friendl, when you commit mistakes, people tell you politely once or thrice. If you repeat it, nobody is going give you a peck on the cheek and buy you a lollipop and tell you. This is not a playschool. You were working in the best newspaper in the country and there were standards to be met and deadline was the most important thing. Yet to forgot all that. You forgot that I allowed you to go home and gave you a five-day break at a time when my wife in Bangalore had suffered burns on her legs and was in great pain alone, unable to even walk. My little alled me on my mobile, wailing inconsolably, pleading with me to come to Bangalore. I could not take even my weekly off. Yet I allowed you to go home! What do I get in return? Abuses and titles! It's a shame that you call yourself son of a professor and speak about my upbringing! Don't always think about yourself. Other people too have families, pain and struggle. Life is a battle every day for a whole lot of others out there.
ReplyDelete