"Bloody Good Lord,
Seriously dude, your head is stuck way up your ass."
Somebody dropped this anonymously on my "Adieu, ACJ" post.
There's something special about failures.
It helps you value appreciation, when they pour in!
At another occasion, I would not have even read that properly...I've got them all my life...flattering ones...
And strange though it may seem, criticism has awed me more. Always.
At least, it's been more stimulating.
In blandishment, you get drowned in your own vain world. Criticism motivates you to retrospect. I'm talking about positive criticism (Which, sadly, is rare).
Anyway times have changed, now. I've qualms about my own abilities. Not about me not having it, but the unsettling fear that the world might recognise it all too late...like it did with Vincent Ven Gogh.
I liked those words, the awe that the anonymous reader had formed for my craft. Everbody needs it. Reassurance. Sometime or the other.
We are not infallible warriors in life.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment